Pace Athletics Announces Top Moments of 2011-12 Season
PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y.- Pace Athletics is pleased to announce the finalists for the top moments from the 2011-12 season. Over the next few weeks each exciting moment in the Pace Athletics department from this past year will be featured online and the fans will be able vote on their top pick starting on Thursday, June 21.
Here are the top highlights that will be featured over the next few weeks
- Women’s soccer’s thrilling win over Franklin Pierce on October 8.
- Women’s volleyball’s 11-game winning streak with a sweep over Assumption on October 2.
- Induction of five new members to the Pace Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2012 on April 10.
- Football’s thrilling overtime win over Stonehill on September 10.
- Women’s cross country team winning the Baruch Invitational in their first meet of the season on September 11.
- Women’s basketball player Brittany Shields scoring her 1000th career point in a win over Adelphi on December 6.
- Men’s basketball Denzel Primus-Devonish connects on a buzzer-beating three-pointer for a thrilling win over New Haven on February 4.
- The women’s basketball team posted a signature win among their 20 on the season as they upset #4 ranked Bentley on January 7.
- The swimming and diving teams posted a multitude of record-setting and top performances at the Northeast-10 Conference Championships on February 2-4.
- Men’s lacrosse scores 12 second half goals en-route to a conference win over Assumption on March 27.
- The softball team blasts six homeruns as they swept a pivotal NE-10 doubleheader from Stonehill on March 31.
- Baseball locks up the NE-10 Southwest Division Title behind a three-hit shutout by Michael Tamburino on May 5.
Stay tuned for updates from these exciting and heart-stopping moments from the 2011-12 school year. Fans will get to vote on their pick for the top moment starting on June 21.